Monday, June 3, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette Review and Swatches

Hi my Beauties!

I have a new beauty obsession and it is *drumroll please* the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette! (Just in case you couldn't tell from the title) I have been eyeing the larger UD Naked Palettes for awhile but held off due to the steep price tag, $50 ouch.

This little beauty was launched earlier this year and immediately piqued my interest. Not only is it about half the cost, $27 at Sephora, but it features easily wearable shades. The other Naked Palettes have twice the shadows but let's face it, when I have a palette with any more than six colors I get overwhelmed and only use half of them.

The Naked Basics Palette consists of mostly of matte shades, differing from the original Naked Palette and Naked 2 which consists mostly of shimmery shades.

I am absolutely enamored with this palette, I use it every day and it creates the most beautiful natural eye looks with ease. The shadows are so creamy and highly pigmented that a little goes a long way and they all blend easily. Venus is a beautiful light satin color (gives a slight shimmer), perfect for highlighting the inner corner and brow bone. I like mixing Foxy and Walk of Shame for my lid color then working Naked 2 into the crease and darkening the outer corner with Faint. Using a thin pencil brush with the dark coffee color, Crave is amazing along the lash line instead of eyeliner for a natural smokier look.

I did a full eye make tutorial using this palette. Check it out here.

               Shades (L-R): Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, Crave.








No comments:

Post a Comment