Thursday, November 8, 2012

Channeling Chanel

Hello my little Beauties!

While this may be the only Chanel product I own at the moment, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation has become my holy grail foundation find within days of using it. I honestly can not say enough great things about this foundation, so prepare yourself for a raving review! First of all, this is the only foundation I have found that hasn't made my already oily skin, even oiler. While I still use a powder to set it, I find my face getting much less oily and my makeup lasting longer than previous foundations I have used.



Being a water-based foundation, it does have to be shaken vigorously before applying because it separates very easily. That being said, I did find it a bit drying which surprised me since it is water-based and I have heard that it's meant for drier skin. Although with a good moisturizer I found it to be perfect for my skin and even cleared my skin up a bit! However, for my little Beauties with drier skin, it may be too drying, so try a sample first! (see my beauty tip below) I also love the coverage this foundation provides. It has very natural coverage, and I find that it doesn't look like you're wearing makeup, it just looks like you have amazing skin. It is definitely more of a light to medium coverage but concealer is needed if you want to cover blemishes. Regarding sun protection it only has SPF 15 which is better than none, but usually isn't considered enough daily coverage so you may need an additional sunscreen.

So obviously I love this foundation and it has a permanent spot in my makeup bag, however I do want to mention a few issues that I do have and the first one is the shade range. Unfortunately being offered in only 10 shades, makes it less accesible for many people and they're all pretty light shades so hopefully they will expand their range and come out with shades for deeper skin tones as well. That being said, I do like how their shade range has BR (Beige-Rose which has more pink undertones) and B (Beige which has more yellow undertones) to help ensure a better color match. Another issue I have is the price, it is $45 for 1 FL. OZ or 30 ml which is definitely in the more expensive range but I found a bottle to last me almost four months and the benefits outweighed the cost for me. One more thing to mention is the fragrance. Chanel has a very prominent floral scent in their products and this is no exception, it fades after about 20 min of application but can be a bit intense when first applied.

Jessica's Beauty Tip: Go to a makeup counter at a department store (or even Sephora!) and ask for a sample of any foundation you're looking to try before you buy it. They almost always have samples, but will only give them to you if you ask, so don't be afraid to ask!!

-xo Jessica

Photos from chanel.com & makeupgeek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment