Saturday, February 1, 2014

Fall in Love with: Vegan Mac & Cheese!!

We're kicking off Fall in Love February with the delicious and healthy Vegan Mac & Cheese!! I love mac and cheese, but have been looking for healthier alternatives (as I am trying to cut back on my dairy intake) and this mac & cheese fits the bill! Check out the recipe below!


You Will Need: 

-1/4 c Nutritional Yeast (Find at health food stores)
-3 t Fresh Lemon Juice
-1 1/2 c Raw Cashews
-1/2 Clove Garlic
-Pinch Tumeric
-Pinch Cayenne Pepper
-1/2 tsp Chili Powder
-1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
-3/4 c Water or Almond Milk
-1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
-8 oz of pasta (I used organic brown rice pasta from Trader Joes)
-Breadcrumbs to bake on top (optional)


Directions:

Start by cooking your pasta according to the package directions. Then add all ingredients (except for breadcrumbs) into a high-powered blender or food processor and mix until it's a creamy sauce texture. Drain cooked pasta and add sauce. Mix well then place in a baking dish and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top–this step is completely optional, you can eat the pasta as it but I thought toasted breadcrumbs would be yummy. Place under broiler for a few minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!!

Let me know if you want more recipes for Fall in Love February in the comments below!!

*Disclaimer: I didn't create this recipe, I found it online then changed a couple of things to make it my own.





Also, can we just talk about how cute this apron is?! It was only $12 at Homegoods and I had to have it! I mean, it will encourage me to cook more right?



xoxo Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment