Friday, February 14, 2014

Sally Hansen Insta Gel Strips Review

Recently I picked up these Sally Hansen Insta Gel Strips in Pretty 'N Poppy from CVS (for a hefty $15!) they are about $5 cheaper at Target, but I was unaware at the time. Basically what it boils down to is these strips are pretty easy as far as gel goes, and have cute designs but they just don't fit exactly right and are quite expensive. If you're looking for a fun manicure for a night or two, these might be a good option but I don't think they are worth it for solid polish colors. There are so many better gel options at the drugstore like the SensatioNail brand.

Pros:

-Easiest gel manicure (the fewest steps)
-The polish comes in strips that adhere to your nail so you only have to paint on a clear top coat.
-Adorable designs you can't get from typical polish
-Lasts about a week with no chips–not as long as normal gel but better than regular polish.
-Super shiny (as with all gels)

Cons:

-Not cost effective at all, you have to buy the LED lamp (unless you already have one like I did) The top coat and nail strips for one manicure are $15, if you don't have an LED lamp you will have to buy the starter kit also which is pricey.
- My biggest issue with these strips was the fit. As you can see from the pictures below, the strips are too round at the nail bed for my nails–resulting in weird gaps by the base of my nail. Also, I found that almost all of the nail strips were too wide for my nails and I don't have particularly small nails.


The pictures below are after a week. There is a little chipping on the tips but mostly at the nail bed, I think it's because they didn't fit all that well to start with. The photo on the left is a little blurry (sorry!) but it shows how the strips really didn't fit my nails that well.



No comments:

Post a Comment