Thursday, October 17, 2013

Coffee Cake in a Mug

I have to preface this by saying I did not invent this recipe, I merely stumbled upon it a year ago and have been making it ever since. Over the course of the last year however, I have unfortunately lost the link to where I found it. All I can say is that I did not create this recipe but I do enjoy making it very much. :)


Coffee Cake in a Mug

Ingredients:

1 tbsp softened butter
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp applesauce
Splash of vanilla extract
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt

Streusel Topping:

1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon


Directions:

1. In a small bowl, add the softened butter and sugar. Stir until well combined.
2. Next add the applesauce, vanilla, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir just until combined.
3. Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom of a mug.
4. In a different bowl, add the streusel ingredients and cut the butter in using a fork until you have a nice lumpy mixture.
5. Place the streusel on top of the batter in the mug.
6. Cook in the microwave for 50-80 seconds. Begin with 50 and then do 5 second intervals until the top looks barely set.

No comments:

Post a Comment