Sunday, October 20, 2013

New Formula X for Sephora Nail Polish Review

I have on "Gravity" with "Hyperactive" top coat

Color Range: 5/5

This new line by Sephora has an amazing array of shades. There are more than 200 colors, topcoats and effects - all look flattering and beautiful, check them out here. The colors with cool effects range from glitter-packed polishes to paint splatter looking effects. The solid color shades were such beautiful colors that it was like the best shades were plucked from every other brand (in a very good way).

Opacity: 4/5

The color I'm wearing in the picture on the left (Gravity) was beautifully opaque in one coat, however my cousin bought a lighter nude shade and found two coats necessary to be opaque. I have not yet found a light colored polish that didn't need at least two coats.


No Streakiness: 5/5

This polish has a way of evening out while drying leaving completely even coverage.

Shine: 5/5

This polish shined beautifully after one only coat and didn't need a top coat.

Packaging: 4/5

I love how these polishes are a little more square at the top because they look different from all of my other nail polishes. However the top square comes off and there is a small round top inside for the actual brush (similar to Butter London). The extra packaging can be a little annoying but since it has a higher price tag, I like getting a little extra packaging.

Price: 4/5

These little babies ring in at $10.50 each which hits about in the middle of drugstore brands and high end brands.

Longevity: 

I just painted my nails with this polish yesterday so I don't have accurate knowledge of how long it will last yet. I will keep you posted! ;)

Overall Impression: 

Formula X by Sephora has some really good solid color polishes, and awesome effects and top coats. They are definitely worth checking out. I know I will be going back for more!




No comments:

Post a Comment